|New World Order|
|Premiere date||October 8, 2015|
|Written by||Brian Millikin and Nick Parker|
|Directed by||Shawn Piller|
Dwight struggles to keep order when Duke's trouble wreaks havoc around town. Audrey and Charlotte must work together to battle a mysterious fog that is trapping everyone inside Haven.
Duke let loose a bunch of Troubles thanks to Mara and they infected everyone. Meanwhile, an intense fog enveloped the town and nobody can get in or out.
Dave finally spills the beans about Croatoan and how he and Vince think something came through one of the thinnies to do...something...to make his visions come true.
Duke wanted to go into a thinnie and take the Troubles with him. He's visibly he didn't get his chance. He's going to look into the family book for help.
Nathan and Dwight discover the fog does a lot more than keep people in.
For the first time, Nathan and Dwight tell their officers about the Troubles. They reveal they are Troubled. They explain why the Troubles are so bad, because people are scared out of their minds. They ask for kindness and help.
Duke comes back. Nathan treats him to a giant bear hug.
Charlotte, too, is scared. Mara designed the release of the Troubles so that nobody is immune, even her and Audrey.
Nathan realizes an officer named Alex is Troubled, and all of his friends immediately start pointing fingers. So much for kindness. Alex freezes everyone. Except Duke. Alex starts talking to Duke. His father created the barrier. They both got new Troubles today.
Gloria and Vince get Dave drunk to get a vision out of him. It works, but he's too drunk to get it.
Duke tells Alex what he did and Alex undoes frozen ones. Alex is a little upset.
Charlotte wants her and Audrey to go home. Through a thinnie, through the void. She can even take Nathan. But Haven is her real home. She won't abandon it. Charlotte doesn't know how to remove a trouble from a person without killing them. She reveals that if Audrey had killed Nathan, the Troubles wouldn't have been cured, but the barn would have sent out a pulse that killed all of the troubled people. That's how the troubles would have ended.
Charlotte delivers her research to Dwight. She's leaving.
In Dave's vision, someone was chasing the fellow who created the barrier around Haven. Now he's dead. Did they force him to create it and kill him so nobody could escape? Looks that way.
Some idiot cops bring a Troubled man into the station for resisting arrest. Things go from bad to worse.
Dwight disassembles the HPD and goes all Guard.
Nathan and Audrey ask for Duke's help, but instead of helping, he says goodbye, walking through the fog, supposedly never to return.
Gloria discovers there is no cause of death for Joe Senna, the fog man. The only other death like that? The Colorado Kid. Dave remembers feeling the same way when he awoke on the beach next to The Colorado Kid in 1983.
Nathan has picked up the badge. Charlotte can't leave. Since she can't Nathan gives her a challenge. Give a cure a go.
Duke is ambling along the road. A trucker picks him up. He'll go anywhere. The trucker has never heard of Haven, despite just having come from that direction.
- Laura Mennell as Charlotte Cross
- Christian (credited as WWE Superstar Christian) as McHugh
- Richard Donat as Vince Teagues
- John Dunsworth as Dave Teagues
- Jayne Eastwood as Gloria Verrano
- Victor Zinck Jr. as Alex Sena
- Anthony Ulc as Joe Sena
- Adam "Edge" Copeland (credited as Adam Copeland and WWE Superstar Edge) as Dwight Hendrickson
- Otis Daye as Brandt
- Vikki Humphrey as Lisa
- Kevin Gerrior as Man
- Geoff Dunsworth as Patrolman/Frozen Cop
- Dan MacDonald as Trucker
- Leah Johnson as Nurse
- Saundra Vernon as Uniform Cop
- Glenn Lefchak as Stan The Cop
- Kirsty Hinchcliffe as Rebecca Rafferty
- Gloria: You're looking for a narcotic. [The Teagues nod] Something to tap into your subconscious.
Dave: Honestly, we just need something to activate one of my visions.
Gloria: [gets confused for a bit but eventually figures out what they're saying. she walks over to the morgue and opens one of the doors.] I've got just the thing. [shows them a bottle that was hidden]
Gloria: Yep its so strong, its illegal. Even in Mexico. [places the bottle on the table] Well this will give you visions alright.
Vince: And you keep it in there with the bodies?
Gloria: I don't hear them complaining.
- Gloria: [drinking her shot] Ahhh...I need a beer. Tequila makes me thirsty.
Dave: Well that's it. I'm done.
Gloria: [pours another shot for her and him] Hey c'mon we've come this far, drink up lightweight.
- Dave: [jerk wakes when his next vision reveals Joe in the woods while trying to escape from Croatoan] Its taking someone. Hunting. I think I know the place.
Vince: And we can still save them.
Dave: Not me I can't I'm hammered.
Gloria: [quickly takes the pouch out of the morgue door.] Not for long. [tosses the pouch to Dave] This will have you stone cold sober in no time.
Dave: What do you have that for?
Gloria: [opening the pouch] Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to.
- Nathan: The barrier's still up.
Dave: Dying doesn't always end the trouble. And who knows. With all these new ones do.
Vince: What if the killer from your vision knew that? [to Audrey and Nathan] In Dave's vision, the killer was chasing this man, hunting him. What if he scared Joe into creating this barrier around the town then killed him?
Audrey: So that no one can bring it down.
Nathan: We're all trapped in Haven with a killer.
- Duke: I can't save this town, not the solution, I'm the problem and Haven will never be the same and I'm the one to blame for it. On the other hand, if I have left, none of this would be happening. So I'm gonna do what I should've done a long time ago.
Audrey: Duke think of all the things you've done in Haven. Think of all that you've done for us.
Duke: Yeah like what? Help me kill trouble people, sacrificing Jennifer to open that door, everything that I do in this town hurts someone. I'm not a hero I'm just a smuggler. Haven, the troubles, none of this was suppose to be my life.
- Audrey: So you need a new recruit chief?
Nathan: Can I see your resume first?
- Nathan: If you're stuck here, maybe we can make it count for something. I know the barn wasn't a cure but I don't care. That was before you came here and now, like it or not, we're in this together.
Charlotte: So what do you want from me?
Nathan: Use your research, find another way, build something that cures everybody once and for all.
Charlotte: I don't know how.
Audrey: But it is possible?
Nathan: So when do we start?
- This the third episode to take place on the same day as "Chemistry" and "Chosen".
- The mid-season premiere premiered after WWE Smackdown for the first time since Season 4. Both shows were originally going to air together on Thursdays last year, but due to the delay of Smackdown, the first few episodes of Haven Season 5 were moved to the 8/7c slot at the last minute.
- Showcase premiered "New World Order" on September 6, 2015 at Fan Expo Canada a month prior to its broadcasting debut.
- Shawn Piller makes an uncredited cameo in this episode. He can be seen inside the HPD.
- According to Brian Millikin, "Shit Hits Fan" was the working title.
- Adam Copeland and Victor Zinck Jr. each made a guest appearances on The Flash and Supergirl respectively. Both superhero shows are part of the Arrowverse franchise that airs on The CW.